Sunday, October 7, 2012

Environmental Portraits (take 2)

Prof. Hiott gave us another try at environmental portraiture.  I went to the Renaissance Festival in Charlotte, NC this past weekend, so I decided to take my camera there.  I think it was much more successful because I had a better idea of what the portraits should look like.  I also had what I guess is a normal photographer's experience: I took over 200 photos at the Fair.  I am keeping about 65 (not all of which are environmental portraits though! I will put the rest up on Facebook)

Here they are!

1. Canon EOS 450D, F# 7.1, SS 1/160

2. Canon EOS 450D, F# 5, SS 1/200 (I had to edit the exposure way down because the original was overexposed)

3. Canon EOS 450D, F# 5, SS 1/80

4. Canon EOS 450D, F# 5, SS 1/180 (This is Zilch, the Tory Steller.  I wish he hadn't moved and blurred a bit, but this photo showed the best environment.)

 5. Canon EOS 450D, F# 5, SS 1/30 (It took forever to get the image to not blur.  And, even with a shutter speed of 1/30, I still had to "expose" it a bit more in Preview.)


No comments:

Post a Comment