Tuesday, September 11, 2012

North Tyger bridge

I took these yesterday (9/10/12) of the old concrete bridge over the North Tyger.  It's located off of 296 between Simon Rd. and 290.

 This is the bridge, as you might see it from the road. Larger aperture.

One of the supports.  It was underexposed, so I altered it a little so you can see what's in shadow.

 I like the framing on this one.

I thought about Brandon Lopera's love for graffiti when I took this one. There was more on the other sides.  Obviously, this is a hangout for kids in the surrounding area. Smallish aperture.

A macro shot, showing some maturing pollen and a log in the background that I had to scoot under or climb over to get down next to the river.

The supports were showing through where the water had started the wear away the concrete.  I'm not sure when they stopped using this bridge.

Showing all the water stains.

This one was pretty neat--the reflected light showing the underside of the arch, and the new bridge behind it.

These next two were of the same subject, but one was taken with a faster shutter speed than the other. One is overexposed in the lit areas, while the other is underexposed in the shadowed areas.  I have no idea how to combine them though!!


3 comments:

  1. I've always really liked that bridge. Too bad you couldn't get a shot of the tree in the middle. My favorite is the first one of the bunch. ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the picture of all the water stains, the 4th from the bottom, because of the really cool angle and the textures. I also really like the last two (though, I think the exposure is better in the first of those two). There, the repetition of the shapes of the bridge (the arches, the straight lines) are beautiful contrasted against the organic forms of trees and plants.

    ReplyDelete