Thursday, July 25, 2013

Long time, no Post

Well, hello there Bloggy friends... how are you all?

Being four months shy of a year since my last post, it isn't surprising that a lot has changed since my last post.  Read on if you care to know... or just wait for the next post with art photos!
     the backstory/history/a year in review/excuses for not posting:
          I completed my Fall classes (Color and Comp, Photography, Graphic Design Studies) in December last year and continued to work at Scotsgrove Stables for the next few months.  I began looking for employment late in January after my notion of immediately applying for and getting into grad school got the passenger side front quarter panel smashed in when I got into an accident and had to think about a new car... and it's payments and maintenance...  I also realized that, while I love my parents, I needed to really think about moving out!
          SO, job searching began.  I applied for jobs in natural history museums and the like for a while... but that seemed to be striking out by March, so I started thinking further afield.  Through the grapevine, I heard about a hiring company called On Assignment Lab Support, through which I applied for a job in the microbiology lab of the generics pharmaceutical company called Actavis.  I made no secret about my lack of specifically microbiological skills, but I studied for the interview and focused on the skills that I did have, and apparently they liked what they saw because I got hired!  Yay, full time job!!
          The only hitch was, the Actavis location is in Lincolnton, NC... So guess who has moved?  I haven't gotten everything squared with being an NC resident since my "temporary" status hasn't been removed yet (I'm still technically an employee of On Assignment), so until THAT changes and my job security is on the more secure side, I'm not putting ALL my eggs in one basket.  But I am putting a lot into this basket.  I am now going into my 4th month at Actavis, and I am still learning the ropes and constantly engaged in new things!! Also, David has gotten a job up here and is moving in with me in August (wow, I'm super excited/nervous about that!).
          And through all of this, life has been roller-coastering with friends having big life changes, birthdays happening left and right, trying to stay in touch with the family and barn people I love... I think I have a good excuse to be exhausted... but somehow that creative streak just begs to be let out, so I try to give it what I can.  That means that art projects move slowly (think grazing tortoise slowly), but they are happening!

      I will hopefully be posting pictures soon.  They will be of a horse mask that I have been working on since January-ish, photos from a visit to the Daniel Stowe Botanical Gardens, and maybe some pics of a somewhat-top-secret project that I can't tell you too much about ~.^ yet.

     Look for another, more picture-involved post soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment